Geromino the Fearless Gardener!

Friday 30 September 2011

It is not widely known but I am a keen gardener, which can be pretty challenging when you are less than 12 inches high!  Never let it be said though that a bear does not accept those challenges nose on and rise to them! 

As I am not having a holiday this year I thought I would share my garden with you instead.  

Here I am watering the chilli plants.  As you can see they are quite small (like me!) but they have plenty of bite and made my eyes water the first time I tried one.



This took a bit of effort but I wanted to show you one of my cucumbers.  This is one of the last ones now and it is a bit wonky but it will taste just as nice as a straight one!


As you can see here I am just doing a spot of weeding in the sweet potatoes.  The vines are getting quite big now which is a good sign that things are also growing beneath the soil too.


At this time of year we should always remember to feed our feathered chums.  This seed bin is quite a long jump down but I'm sure the birds will appreciate the effort.  The nuts are for the squirrels - mustn't forget the furry friends either!


Blimey, this is hard work!  These are the tomatoes and it has been quite a climb up here.  Worth it though - they are Galina, small, sweet and quite delicious.  A bit like me really!


Oh I just can't help it, I'm going to have to eat one.


 This is the area the bee hive is going to go.  It's a nice secluded spot down by the greenhouse and just perfect for bees.  Didn't I mention that I was taking up beekeeping?  A bear has to have hobbies, you know.


This is one of my favourite spots.  I could just sit here all day and watch the pond.  I've had to cover it with netting to keep the leaves out of it because my neighbour has a pesky apple tree that hangs over.  Great for pond shade, bad for blossom, apples and leaves!  


And eventually, when the day's work is done and my little legs are worn out there's nothing like relaxing in the safe arms of a relative!

TTFN!


0 comments: