Lisbon

Monday 9 August 2010

As a relatively well travelled bear I have learned not to make snap judgements about places I visit. Saying that, I did not really like Lisbon very much.

In the first place it rained - lots. Not necessarily Lisbon's fault but still not fun for a chap with small legs!

Here I am getting ready for my trip out.

By the time I reached Black Horse Square (Praça do Commercio) I was soaked but stopped for a photo at the statue of King José I. This splendid sculpture by Joaquim Machado de Castro, was cast in one single piece in 1774.

Coo.

The strangest thing about Lisbon is that it has no public toilets. What is a bear to do if he gets caught short? This bear gave Lisbon up for a bad loss and headed back to the ship.

Wouldn't you know it - as soon as I got back to port the sun came out!

Next time - more from Vigo!

0 comments: