Vigo

Wednesday 11 August 2010

As I've mentioned before, Vigo was very nice, if a little shut. Remember that when wanting to visit Vigo so not go on a Sunday!

Here I am claiming Spain for the English although we occupied the city in 1719 for ten days so really I'm actually re-claiming it. Sadly, no one took any notice.

The port is very smart and welcoming and there are a lot of strange statues along the waterfront. Most of them are quite new and a bit too modern for my tastes. This one is very odd indeed.

A little way from the waterfront are the remains of an old building although I have no idea what it was. The sign was in Spanish!

Eventually though there was nowhere really to look because all the shops were closed so I headed back to the ship to take in a little sun.

Now this is the life!

0 comments: